Terms and Conditions
- In these terms and conditions the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- ‘WE, US, ARE’ refer to Melanie Philips Interiors a trading name of Oceans Kitchens And Bathrooms Limited (registered in England and Wales under company number 9996970 and with its registered address at 24 Chester Road, Buckley, Flintshire, CH7 3AE – Vat No 233 5826 09)
- ‘YOU, YOUR’ Refer to you as the customer and ‘you’ shall be constructed accordingly
- ‘CONTRACT’ means the contract of ordered goods between you and the company
- ‘GOODS’ Means the packaged products or services which we shall supply in accordance to the contract of these conditions
- ‘WEBSITE’ means our website www.melaniephillipsinteriors.com
- ‘CONDITIONS’ means the standard terms and conditions of sale set out below, including any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by us.
- The Price of the goods will be the price given on day of purchase and will be confirmed on your invoice.
- All Prices are in Sterling Pounds unless otherwise specified.
- The goods will include VAT at the prevailing rate as controlled by the British government.
- Delivery charges may be applicable to your order.
- Melanie Philips Interiors reserves the right to change or withdraw prices for the products or services it offers for sale without prior notice, if prices are changed without prior notice this will NOT apply to all orders places prior to the effective date of increase and shipped within 30 days of this effective date.
- In the event that there is a pricing error on then Melanie Philips Interiors website then we will not be bound to honour any orders made at that price. You will be notified immediately that this is the case Melanie Philips Interiors will not be held liable. We are entitled to make amendments to the price to take into account our suppliers prices or the imposition of any taxes or duties.
- Special order items are non-returnable and not eligible for a refund unless damaged upon manufacture or delivery, in this case, this must be reported in a maximum time frame of 24 hours to be eligible for a replacement or refund any damages reported out of this time frame are non-returnable and not eligible for a refund.
- Special order items are often subject to a lead time, you will be notified of any delays in order when we come to order your items, and we will request your acceptance of any special order items and its lead time. Once an order has been accepted by you, we cannot accept any changes or cancellation of the order.
- All Delivery charges applicable to your order are clearly displayed at the basket stage of your order. These carriage charges are based on standard UK Mainland delivery using our economy schedule.
- You shall pay for the goods in full at time of order unless specified and agreed otherwise. If payment is not made in full then the delivery date will be cancelled until full payment is made.
The team at Melanie Philips Interiors work hard to ensure that all information, prices listed and technical information is correct at time of purchase. Please note that your computer may display old pages from our site which are stored in your own computer’s memory from previous visits, It is important that you refresh your browser when viewing any pages on our website to see the current information, prices and goods available.
- We will deliver the goods that you order to the address you specify when ordering. If you want to change this delivery date, order or the delivery address you must notify us a minimum of 7 days before your order is due to be delivered for us to complete this contract
- If there is no one available to accept the delivery when the courier arrives at the address and delivery date chosen by you on order, the courier will keep the goods for up to two days and during this period you can re schedule a delivery date. After two days we may treat the order as cancelled by you. In this case we will refund the price of the goods minus a restocking charge of up to 50% of the order value and we shall be entitled to keep the amount you paid for delivery.
- If goods are ordered at the weekend or bank holiday, the order will be processed the next working day and delivery time scales and dates will vary accordingly. If a delivery would normally fall over the Christmas shutdown period, the delivery period may be extended to a later date. We endeavour to deliver all goods for the dates specified, however, delay are possible.
- For large orders, please ensure that someone is available to help the driver move the goods from the delivery van to your premises. Our pallet couriers only supply 1 driver to deliver your order and are not insured or obliged to assist in carrying your goods into/onto your property. The extent of their contract is to delivery your goods/pallet to the curb side and not to physically move them any further than this. Deliveries are made to the nearest hard road point and for the avoidance of doubt our couriers are only insured to deliver the goods to the curb side and not into the property or install them. For large orders a pallet will invariably be used to transport your goods, this pallet is your responsibility once delivered to dispose of as deemed necessary. It is not the delivery driver’s responsibility to take it away with him.
- We endeavour to make most deliveries within 7 days; however sometimes items may take longer than this due to fluctuating stock levels from our suppliers/manufactures. All delivery dates given are only and always provisional. We will always strive to deliver goods on a pre-organised day however sometimes situations completely out of our control arise that we cannot foresee. Where we can we will always try and notify of a potential problem with deliveries or times but this is not always possible. Melanie Philips Interiors are not bound by any delivery days/dates that either we or our subcontracted couriers have organised. If delivery has not taken place due to no fault of your own, then Melanie Philips Interiors will often arrange another suitable date at yours and our convenience. Melanie Philips Interiors shall not be held liable for any loss arising from delay in delivery or non-delivery. If you fail to take delivery on the date agreed, then we reserve the right to charge for any subsequent deliveries.
- Before signing for goods, please ensure that all goods have been carefully inspected for any courier damage. In the case of pallet deliveries please check all goods carefully, and in the unlikely event that there are damage please return the damaged goods to the driver and take receipt of the good items. A full set of delivery guideline will be emailed to you upon any receipt of any order that requires a pallet delivery.
- Melanie Philips Interiors cannot accept liability for any third party costs incurred as a result of delays in dispatch, therefore we advise tradesmen are not booked until full delivery of goods has been made and goods have been checked so that in the unlikely event of any damages suitable time can be given to replace such goods. We will not be held liable for any plumber costs, consequential loss or compensation in any way.
- All delivery charges are clearly stated in the delivery charges page on the website, the charges that are applicable to you are clearly shown at the basket stage of your order. You will be notified prior to delivery if a surcharge is applicable for your area, please ring for full details on surcharge areas and a price will be given on application.
- Goods can only be delivered to the customers address given at time of order unless changed with sufficient notice of 7 days prior to delivery. Goods cannot be left at a neighbours address and must be checked and signed for upon delivery. If the delivery is to a communal building such as flats, please be aware that the driver may require help unloading. The carrier may also ask to see identification before leaving the goods, this is to protect us from Credit Card Fraud.
- Upon signing, responsibility for these products passes on to you, and any risk of damaged or loss is assumed by the purchaser. We are not responsible for any goods received or unpacked by anyone other than the purchaser, so please ensure that person is present to check and sign for the goods at the supplied delivery address.
- Please do NOT install any damaged goods, as we will be unable to replace or refund damaged items which have been installed. If you do find your goods are damaged, please get in touch with us and we’ll do our best to help.
- Please be aware that we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage incurred due to errors made by the purchaser during checkout, for example entering incorrect details. So please ensure all information is correct before processing your order.
- Our out of stock items are listed with an estimated timescale. These dates are estimated by our suppliers and are subject to change. We will confirm when an item is back in stock via either telephone or email.
- When goods leave from the Melanie Philips Interiors warehouse they become the responsibility of the designated courier. We cannot be held responsible for any delays that the courier incurs.
- We realise that the internet is based on trust so we make security our number one priority. Our commitment to this will remain prominent for the future. Your credit card details are sent to the banks secure servers whilst the order is processed. No card data is saved and is not visible by any member of staff. At no point are your credit card details sent over using an unsecured connection.
CANCELLATIONS AND RETURNS
- If you wish to cancel or return an order, please inform us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to process this request effectively, please provide the following information when cancelling an order, your name, your order number, date of order, and details of reasons for cancellation. We can only accept cancellations up to 7 days after delivery. Authorised collections reported after 7 days will be subject to a discretionary re-stocking charge of up to 50% of the order value. Refunds for cancelled orders within the 7 day period will be refunded within fourteen working calendar days of the receipt of the goods. Goods which are not 100% resalable will be rejected (i.e. having tape and labels on the box or packaging missing or disturbed original seals broken and items missing) and you will be contacted to arrange collection of the goods. Goods that are not collected within 1 month of receipt by us will be destroyed. Cancelled goods should be returned within fourteen days of cancellation confirmation. We cannot refund goods that have been used or damaged whilst in your possession.
- When returning any goods to us for any reason, you must make sure that you ensure;
- The goods are properly packaged and clearly labelled with our address.
- You are always responsible for any loss or damage in transit that is as a result of incorrect packaging and labelling.
- You are always responsible for any loss and damage in transit where you arrange the transport (not our couriers)
- You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the products whilst there in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
- We will always acknowledge your request by email and arrange to refund you onto your original payment method, if you do not receive this email from us then your order has not been cancelled.
- Orders that are cancelled after the order has been dispatched will always be subject to a collection charge, unless returned by you.
- We cannot accept any cancellation or return of special order items after the order has been placed and confirmed. You will always be notified if your order was special order as we would ask for acceptance of such items. Please note that you’re right to return goods pursuant to the Customer Contracts Regulations 2014 does NOT apply in this contract where goods are manufactured for you, customised to your specifications or specially ordered and non-stocked items.
CONFIRMING AVAILABILITY AND PRICE
- Availability information available for the titles in our catalogue are listed on each items detail page. Beyond what we say on this page, we cannot be more specific about availability. As we process your order, we will inform you by email/phone if any of your items turn out to be unavailable. You are most welcome to request availability of items by contacting us by either phone or email. We will then respond within 24 hours (excluding Saturday and Sunday) with current stock level taken at the time of enquiry.
VOUCHERS AND PROMO CODES
- A vouchers may only be used once by its holder and may never be copied, reproduced, distributed, published either directly or indirectly in any form or stored in a data retrieval system without our prior written approval.
- Any discounts attached to a voucher or promo codes only apply to the specified product prices order and not to delivery charges which will always be chargeable at normal rates.
- We reserve the right to exclude the use of voucher and promo codes on specific products. Vouchers or promo codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount promotion or account credit.
- We reserve the right to withdraw or deactivate a voucher or promo code at any time for any reason without prior notice.
- Percentage saving calculations are calculated using a manufacturer recommended retail price and the current available price for an item. Please see additional pricing information for product prices after sale events end. This is normally referred to as ?was: X?. Melanie Philips Interiors often use countdown timers for a number of different promotions and offers, including discount code ?extra offers? Which may begin and end separately to discounted product reductions.
WARRANTY AND LIABLITY
- Proof of purchase is required before any warranty claim can be assessed.
- All goods supplied by Melanie Philips Interiors are warranted free from defects for 12 months from the date of delivery (unless otherwise stated). This warranty does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. This warranty does not apply to any defect in the goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, use otherwise stated and recommended by the supplier, failure to follow supplier or manufacture instructions, misuse, or any alteration or repair carried out without the suppliers approval.
- If the goods supplied to you are damaged on delivery or do not correspond with specifications (other than in respect of a bespoke specification) you should notify Melanie Philips Interiors in writing at our email address email@example.com within 7 days of delivery.
- Save as provided elsewhere, our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence shall be unlimited and for all other loss or damage which you may suffer or incur in connection with the supply of Goods, our liability shall be limited to that caused by a natural and reasonably foreseeable consequence for which we are at fault or negligent.
- All products from our catalogue come with a manufactures warranty at no extra cost. The length of this warranty depends on the products, for more information on the warranties of specific products please contact us by email or phone or contact the manufacture directly.
- If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try to resolve any issues you have as quickly as possible and if necessary we will explain how to follow our complaints procedure.
- We shall have no liability whatsoever for any failure to perform, or for a delay in the performance of any of our obligations under the Contract arising wholly or in part by reason for any factor beyond our direct control.
- In placing an order with us, you warrant that you are a resident of the United Kingdom and that you have the necessary permission and authority to enter into this Contract. Failure to comply with this will result in your order will be terminated.
- Where any competent authority deems any Condition to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, then the offending part shall be removed and the validity of the remainder of the Condition shall not be affected.
- The Contract and these Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England, and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
EXTENT OF LIABLILITY
- We make every effort to ensure that all descriptions and pictures on our website are described and reflect the products accurately. However, the descriptions and pictures on our website do not form part of the contract between us and you. They are purely designed to represent a general idea of the goods. We would always recommend that suitable research is under taken by you to ensure you know what you are buying from us and that they are intended for your use.
- We will not be held liable to you for any loss or damage which you suffer as a result of any breach of contract by us, including but not limited to, consequential loss to you and/or loss or damage property of third parties. In any event our liability to you arising directly from our negligence will not exceed the invoice value of the goods. Nothing in this clause will limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability that we are not permitted by law to exclude or (as the case may be) limit. This clause does not affect your statutory rights.
- Where you as a consumer as defined by the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 your statutory rights are not affected by our terms and conditions.